Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Burger King's "Proud Whopper" - Pride in San Francisco

I'm absolutely tickled by this campaign. As a vegan, I never - and I mean never - thought I'd applaud any fast food place like Burger King for anything, but that's exactly what I'm doing right now. This is simply amazing in the most joyful kind of way.



If you're like me, you're currently swatting away a couple onion-chopping ninjas that mysteriously attacked you while you were about 90 seconds into that video. *sniff* You can't write some of the comedy gold in this thing! I absolutely love that they've included the haters in this video exclusively for us to point at and mercilessly mock. I mean seriously... "Do gay people even eat fast food?" HA! And the whole 'meat or no meat - we go both ways ... I prefer meat - meat is my preference' thing. Gold. GOLD, I SAY!!!

I'd like to add a hearty congratulations to Burger King for landing on the right side of this particular social issue and a big, fat fuck you to Chick-fil-A for remaining on the wrong side of it. I chuckle a bit every time I read about how they are still trying to recover the massive amounts of money they spent trying to ensure they did everything possible to deny same-sex partners their civil right to marriage and the reprehensibly bigoted comments made by CEO Dan Kathy. For those playing along at home, there are now 19 states (and counting) in the USA where same-sex couples can legally marry each-other, so... money well-wasted you fucking douchenozzles! But back to the, "Yay!"...

Burger King also changed the graphics on their Facebook page to reflect their pro-pride campaign, for which the delightful hashtag #BeYourWay was created. Love!

The current cover photo on Burger King's Facebook page

The graphic they uploaded to promote The Proud Whopper and the #BeYourWay hashtag campaign
Now if only you served vegan food, Burger King, I'd be yours forever.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment